Oil Field Services Inspection
When thinking of oil spills and disasters, most tend to ponder mishaps and accidents associated with offshore drilling and rigs. What doesn’t get covered as much by the mainstream media, however, are the everyday, life-threatening, and environmental hazards associated with oil extraction, compression, and refining.
At the root of each of these disasters is a failure of technology or safety protocols. These failures have resulted in trillions of dollars in losses as well as loss of life—but it’s not always human error to blame. After all, Mother Nature plays her part too.
Considering the remote locations of the majority of oil fields and the high proclivity for mechanical failure, being able to monitor equipment and fields continuously is critical. At Halkin, we pride ourselves on being able to provide advanced inspection and reporting techniques that can detect issues before they become disasters.
Halkin’s Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Inspection Solutions
We provide a full-service experience that includes 3D mapping, visual imagery, IR inspection, and gas-leak detection. Our projects can be completed quickly, often in less than a day.
As you know, the use of drone technology also means that there is reduced (often zero) downtime during an inspection. Our inspections are safer for workers because they don’t require personnel to be onsite. Further, our UAVs can gather more accurate and detailed images, which offers improved and more timely insight into any potential problems.
About Halkin’s Inspection Services
3D Mapping: This functionality is helpful both in evaluating potential extraction sites and their surroundings, as well as general environmental monitoring. You’ll get an accurate assessment of issues like water accumulation, corrosion, and rust that can’t be seen with the naked eye.
Visual Imagery: A visual inspection of pipelines, facilities, and vessels is vital to ensure safety and protection of assets. This service is particularly critical in times of natural disasters.
IR Inspection: Our UAVs are equipped with thermal-imaging capabilities to identify both inefficiencies and potential dangers immediately.
Gas Leak Detection: We can identify leaks and pinpoint their exact location without requiring an operational shutdown. This critical measure can be done without the need for costly personnel or equipment.
3D Scale-Rendered Reports: Being able to see data in a 3D scale-rendered reports will give you an accurate assessment of the current situation and detailed, actionable data for you to take next steps.
By using Halkin for your oil field inspections, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced downtime and shutdowns
- Better and faster insight into potential problems
- Efficient supply chain operations allowing you to order parts and schedule maintenance
- Improved safety
Types of Inspection
Halkin provides the following types of inspections:
- Gas leak detection
- Missing Parts
- “Hot” electrical equipment
- Missing/broken welds
- Cracked/degraded critical metal
- Warping/Heat Stress
- Faulty Mechanical Equipment
The Markets We Serve
Our depth and breadth of experience allow us to work with a variety of applications, including:
- Petrochemical Refining: We help monitor for environmental and safety hazards, maintenance issues, and even help prevent terrorist attacks.
- Natural gas and oil exploration and extraction: Get an edge on the competition by finding untapped areas and determining the best course of action.
- Natural Gas Compression: Drone technology can assist in inspections and can be vital in leak detection. UAVs are proven to provide a more cost-effective, accurate, and safe method.
- Natural Gas Transportation: Pipelines can span thousands of miles through remote areas. They’re subject to forces of nature, deterioration, and even sabotage. They require regular monitoring to detect maintenance and safety issues.
Our expertise in this field ensures that you’ll get high-quality aerial views of your oil-field assets that go above and beyond what a ground crew can provide on their own. Get in touch with our team at Halkin to see how we can help.</p